week 14 . moving forward in faith

2.01.2016

links in red [click for more info]

Okay sooooo many things to write about haha. Megs is home!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?

I loved seeing all the pictures, she looks so happy and so cozy haha. It sounds like you had an eventful weekend. I told my companion about Megs coming home and she asked me what I thought she would do first? My answer: "eat Taco Bell and see Star Wars and watch Harry Potter" Looks like I was pretty spot on, and if she didn't watch Harry Potter she was still playing around in the Qudditch robe so I think I get 3/3 haha. [mom note: Em knows her sister well]

SISTER CLYDE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness I seriously LOVE her to pieces! She is from Arizona, she has an older sister and two younger brothers, she is a ballet dancer and she makes balloon animals. She has such a powerful testimony and she is so positive and happy all the time. She has a strong desire to be obedient and she absolutely loves missionary work. I am so very thankful for her, we have only been together for four days and I already love her so much!!! Also, she is an amazing cook and she is teaching me her ways haha. We are working really hard to eat healthy and exercise so that we can feel better as we go out and do the Lords work. I am really looking forward to this transfer!!











This week was amazing as always!! I got to introduce Sister Clyde to a lot of the wonderful people we are teaching and we had missionary Sunday (we have it every fifth Sunday) so all the missionaries spoke on "moving forward in faith". I was really thankful for the opportunity to prepare my talk because I learned a lot about faith while I was studying and hearing the other missionaries speak. One of my favorite quotes that I came across while I was preparing to speak was from President Uchtdorf's talk Be Not Afraid, Only Believe and he said: "I wish I could help everyone to understand this one simple fact: We believe in God because of things we know with our heart and mind, not because of things we do not know" WOW!!! I love the Conference Ensign [mom note: church magazine] so much!! I read from it often and I learn new things every time!! I also really like Alma 32:27-28. Faith is such a wonderful thing!!!

We had a lesson this week with a less active member, Sister Hamilton at her little shop and we were talking with her about her goals/desires in the gospel. We talked about her desire to get to the temple and we talked about the steps that it takes to get there. We focused on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was such a powerful lesson, I have never seen sister Hamilton so engaged in a lesson!!! After the lesson sister Clyde let sister Hamilton pick out a picture of a temple to keep to remind her of her goal and when she got to the Newport Beach temple I told her that was the one I went to and she was like "oh then I definitely want that one" haha, I LOVE sister Hamilton!!!

It was such an amazing week and I am really looking forward to this first full week with Sister Clyde. Montego Bay is not going to know what hit it haha.

LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!!!!

Love,

Sister Baker

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |