week 8 . christmas "mek mi happi"

12.23.2015

Links in red [click for more info]

Yoo Hoo Family!

Oh boy this has been a crazy, amazing, christmasy week! I got to go teaching with Sister Boekweg [mom note: her MTC companion] in Ocho Rios (her area) on Tuesday while our companions were both at trainers meeting. It was nice catching up with her and getting to know some of her and sister Wrights investigators. They are teaching some wonderful people!

On Friday/Saturday we had trade-offs so Sister Bogle went to Mandeville and Sister Garrett came here to Montego Bay with me (her blog is Ginger in Jamaica so go creep on her haha). Sister Garrett is an amazing missionary and I learned a lot from her while we were on trade-offs. I missed my companion though and was happy when we were reunited :). 

Sister Smith and Sister Maenetja are the sisters who were serving in Turks and Caicos and they came to Montego Bay on Sunday night because Sister Smith was picking up her new companion and they came to our Christmas Zone Devotional/party thing as well. Sister Smith knows a girl from my Peru trip and a girl that was in one of my el-ed classes at school, she is from Syracuse Utah. And Sister Maenetja is from South Africa and knows Austin, or Elder Elliot haha, small world. 

The Christmas Devotional/Zone Meeting was amazing! We read through Luke 2 and sang Christmas songs. President and Sister Brown shared talks on the Christmas season and it made me so happy with all the Christmasy goodness :)


After the program we had some delicious food and then we got to open presents :). They wrapped all of our packages and we had a grand ole time opening them haha.





Emily and Sister Bogle



President Brown and missionaries




I got homemade caramels from grammy and I was SO HAPPY, so thank you! And I got some letters and Christmas cards, so thank you to everyone who sent those as well. And big thanks to mom and the familia for the packages. The nativity is adorable!! And the stockings are all stuffed and ready to be poured out on Christmas morning.



I am leaving the Christmas Eve stuff in the bag and the Christmas present-y stuff in the bags too until the proper days ;) but we have already broken into the food. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE STUFFING AND THE COOOOOKIE RECIPE!! I was so excited when I opened that package haha. 

As far as healthy eating goes, I am doing pretty well. Even when we get fed, it is mostly just rice and chicken and vegetables. I am working out, but I would love T25 if president says it is okay for me to use. I asked him about it, and I will let you know when he gets back to me.

CONGRATS to Chadley on her mission call. That is so amazing!!! I am so excited for her!! [mom note: Emily's cousin, Chadley, received her call to the Florida Tallahassee Mission]

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to write and email me and send their love. I love you all so much and I am so thankful for the love and support! 

Have a wonderful week and a very Merry Christmas!!

[mom note: To close this Christmas email lets end with these photos Emily sent of "mek mi happi" brownies...everyones favorite holiday treat. Hope no one is dropping these off to the missionaries haha.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |