week 5 . seriously...how do i do this?

11.30.2015

Links in red [click for more info]

Okay, I am going to try to organize my emails better haha, so bear with me over the next couple weeks while I decide the best way to do that :)

Investigators

Teja // She is 11. Her mother is Sister Foskin, a less-active from the branch. She has a baptismal date set for January 2nd and she is so excited! She loves church and primary and she has been coming to church with her mom for the past three or four weeks now. She has such a sweet spirit and she gives the BEST hugs. On Sunday she gave Sister Bogle and I both notes that said "I love you very much with all of my heart". I will keep that note forever!!

Antoinette // Her mother is a member in our branch and she called us a little over a week ago and said that she wanted to get baptized. We were pretty excited haha. We have met with her four or five times since then and she has a baptismal date set for December 19th. She is reading the scriptures and studying the pamphlets that we give her and is understanding everything we are teaching. She has two sons, Jayden and Lavois, who are both very bright. Jayden is 9 and we gave him a Book of Mormon on our first visit and when we went back the second time, Antionette said that she was having a hard time understanding some of what she was reading and that Jayden told her "You just have to use it with the bible as well". He is a very smart kid and he loves reading! We haven't seen him since our first appointment because he is always at school, but he wants to see us again and we want to see him!

The week

The members here love to spoil the missionaries! This week we had so many meal appointments haha! On Thanksgiving we went to Sister Fords home and she made so much delicious food! And then after dinner she had us all go around and share something we are thankful for. She is so sweet!! Then we had donut holes for dessert, which both Elder Hall and Elder Bennett stuffed in their mouths as quickly as possible haha (that was one of the pictures I sent mom). 

Elder Hall and Elder Bennett
Elder Bennett
Fifth Sundays in Mo'bay [mom note: Montego Bay] branch are missionary Sundays, so all six of us spoke. [mom note: there are 6 missionaries serving in the same branch] 

Elder Bennett, Elder Hall,  Elder Lafayette, Elder Larson, Emily, Sister Bogle

I used an article from the September 2014 Ensign called The Work of Salvation Then and Now. It is a really good talk, you should read it. Then during third hour we had a lesson on self-reliance. The church has a self-reliance program in Jamaica that helps people to get jobs or start their own businesses, but during the lesson I applied what they were saying to spiritual self-reliance. I really like Doctrine and Covenants 58:26-28 and Doctrine and Covenants 107:99.

We had a broadcast last night for "The Vision of The Caribbean" that talked about what we can do to make missionary work better. The main thing we need to work on is working with members of the church. Member missionary work is so important, I don't think I can say that enough haha!

Mom, haha, that last part of your email about not knowing if the email was for me or for you is like the story of my life since I have been on my mission. Every time I write people or share something with someone in a lesson I am doing it according to their needs, but I always get something out of it. I have been told countless times to "lose yourself in the work to find yourself" and it is so true. The more I share with those around me, the stronger my testimony becomes, and the more I learn.

Thanks for the photos of Princess Charlotte. I was just talking with a woman in my branch about how there are no pictures of her released. There are so many people in Jamaica that have lived in England, and everytime I talk to them I think of Mom and Megan haha! 

There is a couple in my branch, Brother and Sister Williams, and they are the representatives for Doterra oils in Jamaica. Apparently Cotopaxi worked with Doterra or something because they had a Cotopaxi bag. I saw it and was like "hey I recognize that bag!" Random, haha! [mom note: Cotopaxi was started by Emily's cousin Davis]


I love you all so much!!! I hope that you are all having a wonderful week! Thank you to everyone for emailing me and praying for me and supporting me. LOVE YOU!

Love, 

Sister Baker



No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |