snail mail . first letter from the mtc

10.26.2015

Links in red [click for more info]

Written: Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Yoo Hoo Family!

Ahhhhhhhh! Day one of the MTC is finishing up. It went really slow and kinda fast, I'm not really sure haha. I really liked it. I wasn't sure what I was expecting but it wasn't what I was expecting. This is kind of random but dinner was sooooo early, we ate at like 4:30 PM. We had steak and mashed potatoes and the steak was so red and bloody but I ate it! Woot Woot! Check me out haha.

Okay, I LOVE my district! There was supposed to be 4 elders and 4 sisters but one of the elders hasn't showed up. We don't know why. I hope he is okay.

Here is the rest of my district:

Sister Boekweg: She's my companion! I love her to pieces!! I am so excited to work with her, she is absolutely amazing and has an awesome testimony!

Sister Burt: She's from Idaho and is going to be serving in West Virginia. She is going to be a great missionary. She answered so many questions today and has amazing insight.

Sister Ellis: I'm pretty sure she is from Utah (not positive) and she is serving in Knoxville Tennessee. She is so nice and I love being around her. She has the biggest smile.

Elder Hopkins: He is from FOUNTAIN VALLEY! He knows the Pratts [mom note: Derek's sister's family] Woot! Woot! He is also serving in Tennessee. He has an amazing testimony and I know he will be able to connect with the people he serves.

Elder Moyle: He is from Idaho and is going to be serving in West Virginia as well. He's super funny/sarcastic and has a good sense of humor. He will be a great missionary.

Elder Fenton: I think he is from Utah (again, I'm not positive) and he will be serving in West Virginia too. He seemed nervous in the beginning but as the day progressed he seemed to be doing much better. He seems like a really nice guy. His companion was the Elder that didn't show up today.

That's my district. I am excited to grow closer to them.

Sister Boekweg and I are in a room with 4 other sisters who are all in our zone but the other sisters from our district are in the dorm next to us. The sisters in our room have a week left and then we will have some new roomies.

I met the MTC president and his wife and told him Ole Smith was my uncle. They were so sweet and took a picture with me and Sister Boekweg to send to him. If Ole hasn't sent it to you yet ask him for it.

I want to write you forever but I can't think of what else to tell you. Plus it's bed time and I need sleep before tomorrow haha.

Love you. I seriously LOVE YOU all so much and I am so thankful for all your support.

Love
Pie-diddle
(Sister Baker)

PS My pday is Thursday. [mom note: Pday or preparation day is a day off of sorts for missionaries. They use the day to write letters, clean, do laundry, grocery shop, play sports and things like that] We don't get one tomorrow but next Thursday.

Okay, love you so much mwah (that's a big kiss)




No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |